28 September 2008

12 weeks old and back to work


Here's some pics from the last few weeks. The first one is Maddox after he got his vaccinations. He was a trouper - we both cried, but he was fine afterwards. He got three shots in his big chubby thighs, hence the 3 band-aids!
Here's poppa, mama and maddox all out for a walk.



Tomorrow is my first day back to work. Sniff. :-( I am lucky to be able to work at home tomorrow and Tuesday though, so that will definitely ease the transition.  Tomorrow Maddox will be home with his daddy while Mommy works at home! I am going to try to pump all day and have Daddy feed him the bottle. At least I get to see him all day whenever I want to. He will go to day care all day on Tuesday even though I am working at home. I will take him over there in the morning and then probably drive down to the train station to see how the morning commute is going to be so I have the timing right and don't miss the train.

I am very conflicted about going back to work. On the one hand it will be nice to have a break from holding my baby all day - sometimes it is hard to be mommy all day every day and pay 100% attention to him. It will be good to get back into the work routine and back to normal life as I will know it now. But, I am going to miss my little guy so much! I am going to miss waking up together every morning and snuggling in bed all morning. I am going to miss feeding him all day long - I really love breastfeeding I have to say. It is such a warm fuzzy feeling to snuggle him and feed him. I love him so much! I am going to miss the way he smells and smiles and laughs at me. I am going to miss the way he kicks his legs all the time to get my attention. He is truly a ham and so fricking cute!!! But, every night and then of course Friday, Sat and Sunday he is all mine!!! I think this is going to be the hardest week yet of motherhood I have faced and I am not really looking forward to it. The last 3 months have been such a blessing and the best of my life. 

No comments: