12 April 2009

9 month update - Happy Easter!






Mr. Maddox turned 9 months old a week ago Saturday. On Friday, we saw the pediatrician and here are the stats:
Weight: 20lbs, 1 oz (50th percentile)
Height: 27 1/4 in (25th percentile)
Head Circumference: 18 in

So, Maddox is a little short! I hope it doesn't mean he will be short as an adult. The doctor said that is not a good indicator right now because he could have a growth spurt next week. I am average height (5'5") and Rudy is tall at 6'2". Rudy's brother Jack is 6'7" though, so there are some very tall genes in the family! Jackson is almost 6'2" at 16, so Maddie could be very tall. Although, I have tall and shorter people in my family, so it's hard to tell!

The doctor said Maddox is "perfect". He didn't have any shots this time around. He has a little runny nose, so the doctor checked his ears, but they are fine.

Check out Maddox's toothy grin above - he has 4 teeth! He has 2 on the bottom and 2 on top, his right top tooth is just coming in, but I am thinking he is going to have a gap in his front teeth like his Mama did. His frenulum seems big. The dentist told me they can clip them when kids are little so they don't interfere with the front teeth. I wish I had mine clipped! 

The last couple of weeks, Maddox's ahem, independent, personality is emerging. If he doesn't get his way with something (mostly when he's tired), he throws his head back, arches his back and screeches and yells. It is so cute!! Ha ha, only a mama would say that! He is becoming a handlful though, he is constantly on the move, and always moving towards something he is not supposed to. He exhausts me! I can't imagine being home alone with him all day every day, that is a very tiring job, being a stay at home mom! I am thankful I get a break by going to work. (Wow, did I just say that out loud?) Although, I am at work too much, I think the perfect thing would be to work 2-3 days a week and spend the rest of the time with my little man. I wish! Maybe someday again I can cut my hours back. 

Well, I have to back to making scalloped potatoes! Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: