29 February 2008

The nursery plans: the crib!


I will be sharing with you in upcoming posts the plans for the nursery! I am very, very pumped about designing this room for our little bundle of joy. After much deliberation, negotiation and research - we have purchased the first item for the nursery: the crib! This is the Stokke Sleepi crib - an oval crib (duh) that is very convertible, good for the environment, and meets my approval for a modern crib. Rudy really wanted this crib - I had other ideas, but we compromised because I am picking out everything else! This crib is pretty cool though - you can park it in the middle of the room, or against the wall. And, it has wheels so we can wheel it into our bedroom for a while when he is making the transition from the cosleeper to the crib. I am so excited!!! Rudy really likes it because with some conversion kits, it converts to a toddler bed, a junior bed and then you can take the ends off and they become chairs. Crazy! So, hopefully it will get years of use. I am just glad it came in this dark walnut stain -as it will match the dresser we are getting from Room and Board. But, that is for another post... When I get the crib I can start making the bedding - yippee!!! I can't wait to get the nursery all done - this is so much fun!

No comments: