24 April 2008

30 week u/s - our tiny man






Look at that chubby face! Oh, I can't wait to kiss his chubby little cheeks all over! I think he has his Daddy's lips - they are bigger than my lips! But that wide little nose looks all Swedish to me! Hee hee. I think he is so cute and I can't wait for him to come out!
The u/s went good - he is doing just fine. He currently weighs an estimated 3 lbs, 4 oz. which falls right about average. He is going to come out in 10 weeks - I am so excited! The only sort of bad news though was that the placenta is riding kind of low. It is 2.5 centimeters from the cervix which is in the gray zone. If it was 2cm or less, I would definitely be having a c-section. If it is 3cm or more, I am safe going through a regular vaginal labor and delivery. Since I am in the middle, they will have to determine when I am in labor if it is safe to delivery naturally. They can tell if I am having more bleeding than usual, or the baby isn't faring well during labor. Isn't that just great? I hate being in the gray zone! So, now I have something else to worry about now. But, the baby's head is pointed down already so that is good anyway!

3 comments:

shannonbee said...

Oh, he is too cute (already:)! It looks like he has the same chin and chubby cheeks as Eva.

Don't worry about the placenta, mine was low too at 30 weeks but they migrate around.

We can't wait to meet our new nephew!

Love
Shannon, Aaron and Evangeline

George said...

OH MY GOD! What a gorgeous baby boy! I LOVE THOSE FACE SHOTS. I plan to go back when I'm around 30wks to get some shots too! Your turned out PERFECT!!! Sorry about the threat of a c-section...I hope it works out that you DON'T need one!

Angela said...

I love the 2nd photo :) I had one with Mia at 31 weeks. It is so amazing!!