02 July 2008

1 day left! Induction scheduled...

I can't believe my countdown ticker says there is 1 day left! It is so crazy that my due date is finally arriving. Although, I am not so sure the baby is going to arrive anytime soon. I saw the doc today and she said I am still dilated 1cm - maybe 1.5. Whoop dee doo. She said she would try stripping my membranes to get things going, but my cervix was so soft she didn't think it was necessary. I did lose my mucous plug last night though. Not to get too gross on you, but I got up in the middle of the night and there was a goobaly mess on the toilet paper. (Goobaly is a medical term.) But, as with most of the signs of labor it doesn't mean much except gee, I might deliver in the next day or the next 2 weeks! So, thank goodness, my female OB decided to schedule my induction for next week - 1 week past my due date. The male doc I saw last week wanted to wait for 1.5 weeks past, ugh! So, I am scheduled to go for induction next Wednesday, July 9th at 6pm. 6pm? Well, they will apply a prostaglandin gel to my cervix when I get there and let it sit overnight. Then, start pitocin the next morning. The nice thing is that I asked my doctor to schedule it when she is going to be there to deliver me. So, I wouldn't have to worry about having another doctor deliver me! Yay! Although, I could go into labor at anytime between now and then, so you never know! I hope I go into labor some time in the next few days on my own, because I really don't want to be induced. We will see what happens! I will keep you posted...

No comments: