23 May 2007

Summer is here...!

Not much to report here, just thought I would say hi.
Hi.
I have an appt tomorrow for ultrasound and bloodwork to check my progress this month. On Monday, they didn't see much going on, so upped my dosage of Bravelle (FSH - that's follicle stimulating hormone for you curious people). So, hopefully there will be some good progress tomorrow and the IUI will happen this weekend or early next week. Then, I can enter that time suckhole known as the 2ww (two week wait), or as someone on the infertility message boards I frequent called it: ww2. Heh.

So, it is CD7 for those of you keeping really close track of my menstrual cycles (I am assuming that would be none of you). So, I guess I told you that so you can live through this with me. Only 21 more days until I can possibly see a "BFP" (big fat positive). I will be going on vacation shortly after that, so at least I can relax on my vacation and not wonder what the heck is going on. I hope. Maybe this month I will be celebrating! If not, Rudy and I decided we just might do IVF next month. That is "in-vitro fertilization", basically, a baby made in a glass dish. It is a little more invasive (requiring more shots and a surgical procedure), but it has a much higher success rate. There are some ethical considerations that go along with it, but Rudy and I are on the same page with how we would handle the different situations that may present themselves. Of course, you never know exactly how you are going to feel when you are in the thick of it. This is a heavy topic I don't want to get into now, maybe we won't even have to worry about it!

On another topic, summer is here and we are anxiously awaiting the cicada invasion that is scheduled to arrive any day now after 17 years. Yuck! Big giant bugs everywhere isn't really my ideal way to spend the next month or so, ick. On that note, I am going to get back to work.

No comments: